7000 Santa Monica Blvd.
Jobs At LA><ART
LAXART seeks a Director of Development
The Director of Development is responsible for the strategic leadership, supervision, and execution of all LAXART fundraising activities including: individual, corporate, foundation and government giving; endowment planning; and fundraising events. This position reports to the Executive Director, and works closely with Board development committees and the Deputy Director and Curator, while managing interns and volunteers. This position is responsible for supporting strategic communications for the organization and it’s membership and audience development programs ensuring that all marketing materials and programs are compelling and articulate LAXART’s unique identity as an independent, experimental non-profit art space. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a knowledge of contemporary art and have familiarity with fundraising practices at the institutional level.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Identify, cultivate, and solicit established and prospective gift donors.
• Provide oversight for all membership and patron programs. Work with staff in providing strategic direction for acquisitions, renewals and upsells.
• Collaborate with curatorial staff and marketing partners to develop campaigns and increase members and donors.
• Design, enhance, and implement a planned giving program.
• Collaborate with curatorial staff and LAXART grant writer on developing a robust grants calendar and oversee related applications and budgets.
• Oversee the planning and execution of fundraising events and patron trips. Secure corporate sponsorships for such events and foster ongoing corporate partnerships.
• Provide oversight and use of the fundraising software and donor database.
• Process donations and issue receipts.
• Keep informed of changing strategies in philanthropy and tax planning for possible impacts on development efforts.
The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of progressively responsible fundraising experience; the ability to set strategic direction consistent with the organizations’ strategic plan; design and implement operational plans; demonstrated creativity in developing fundraising programs that engage various donor bases; solid experience and proven results in identifying, cultivating, and expanding high-level donors; strong general knowledge of all development activities in arts and culture; strong writing and communication skills; the capacity to inspire and motivate donors, staff, and prospects; flexible and collaborative personality; excellent public speaking skills; excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; budgeting, billing, and record keeping experience; computer and database proficiency required; ability to work evening hours for events and some weekends required. Bachelor’s degree is required, with a Master’s degree preferred.
Send resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com. We encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible. The position will remain open until filled.